Saturday, July 18, 2009

SO I am not so good at this blogging.




Well so about having such a gap between post. We've moved, built a pool for my parents, disassembled, and then reassembled a swing set, all while working six days a week. I know woe is me, but finally things are getting settled.

I understand how this blogging thing is suppose to be so great at keeping connected. You'll be able to let everyone know what you are up too. Sure if you were good at it in the first place, yes blogging saves time. If you are like me, I would love to stay in better touch with my friends, but you know the older I get, the more I am just glad to have made it through the day. However, I have always been told I am a little extroverted, so I am going to try to keep all the fans of Team Ernst aware of what is going on.

Well we have moved into the new house, and we are so thankful for this place. That's me on our deck by the grill. We love our new addition to the yard. Some friends of our had to move to Oklahoma City and weren't going to be able to take there swing set so we bought it. Then one Sunday my father, and buddy Jeff dissembled this thing into enough pieces so we could move it. Once unloaded, we realized this is a two day job. So finally my father came and helped me finish the swing set. I can tell you one thing in this world for sure. Nothing makes me happier in the world than when I can make my son smile.

At our community group the other night, we were discussing gifts and if we could have everything we wanted would we still want. I have come to believe that getting or receiving everything we want isn't a good thing. Don't believe, when was the last time you went to an all you can eat, and didn't leave feeling like your head was going to pop off, or at least the buttons on your pants. No, well maybe that is just me. Still having spent the better part of a month of days off to build this swing set. One smile is worth it all. He still is grasping the concept that he gets to play on it everyday.

So life is starting to get settle, that is until the new baby comes. Next Time "being with child"

2 comments:

  1. This cracks me up, Blair: I get a blog update from you the same day Andy Trout resurfaces on facebook. Go figure. I love my not-often-connected friends!

    Glad to hear all is going well, even if you are so busy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I just say, too, that there is NO doubt that boy is yours! Looks just like his poppa! :D

    ReplyDelete